Many companies, single-family homes or apartment buildings, regardless of the size of their surroundings and vegetation, often have problems with rodent infestations in the exterior and interior spaces. Premises are places where people live or work, they are assets, so it is considered a prerequisite that they are rodent-free for health and economic reasons.
Their presence causes damage to furniture, wooden structures, floors, electrical installations, etc. and they can carry and transmit pathogenic micro-organisms and other pests.
For the preservation of your health , as well as for the limitation of financial losses, the implementation of myocide programs by specialized personnel of our company is of great sanitary importance.
Rodents (Rodentia) are an order of planktivorous, ribboned mammals, which includes about 2300 species. Rodents are medium to small in size. Their dental system lacks fangs, but they have a pair of incisors on the front of their jaws. These incisors are constantly growing, but also constantly wearing out. In order for the teeth to wear down as much as they should, rodents constantly gnaw not only on their food, but also on all animal, vegetable and mineral matter.
Rodents have a highly developed dwelling instinct. Most of them dig up the ground to inhabit and store their food. The fertility of rodents is characteristic. Females become pregnant several times in a year and give birth to many young. They multiply in such abundance that if there were no means of exterminating them they could cause much damage to crops and houses.
– House mouse (Mus musculus)
It feeds on anything edible to humans and also on wires. It eats from little and in many places. It is prolific and reproduces all year round. A family of 6 mice in a closed garage can breed to 80-90 mice in the space of a week. It is an excellent climber and jumper and can survive low temperatures.
– Norwegian rat (Rattus norvegicus)
Eats everything with a particular preference for meat. For this reason it consumes a lot of water. In houses it prefers ground floors and basements where such food is available.
– House rat (Rattus rattus)
It has amazing climbing ability and therefore in houses it prefers to live on roofs and lofts. It feeds mainly on fruits, vegetables, seeds and does not seek meat.
Key reasons that favour the insult:
1. Projects in the surrounding area.
2. Permanent concentration of old objects in the uncovered or surrounding area of the building.
3. Abandoned adjacent building that is a permanent source
4. Broken drainage manholes in the building
5. Poor garden care resulting in the following:
- Dense growth of climbing plants,
- tree branches approaching the terraces of the apartments,
- litter and leaves for a long period of time.
Method of control
For the prevention and control of rodents, but also to protect your premises, we form zones around the perimeter of the plot and the building with permanent bait stations. These are closed traps which contain anticoagulant preparations (outdoor areas) or disposable adhesives (indoor areas).
The locations of the bait stations & mechanical traps are selected after a specific study, depending on the morphology of the premises and the possible rodent nesting sites.
The usefulness of the bait stations lies in:
- he protection of the bait stations from various factors (pets, weather conditions, removal)
- the control of the stocks of the medicine and its better replenishment
- the possibility of drawing safe conclusions on the consumption of the rodent population to be treated, in accordance with the specifications of the HACCP system.
- The myocidal formulations used are of the latest generation, single-meal and contain blood anticoagulants, so that dead rodents are mummified and do not constitute a source of infection
The purchase of the Bait Stations is made by you only 1 time and then the mycotic formulations are replaced by our company staff.
In case you have already installed bait stations we undertake the maintenance and rearrangement of them at your site according to our findings.
Annual maintenance program of disinfestation – fungicide
According to the sanitary regulation Y1g/G.P.P.oik.47829/21.6.2017 all sanitary establishments are required to maintain a fumigation and mycide program having a file with the following documents
1. Insect and rodent control license of our company.
2. A program of keeping a fumigation and mycontrol program with the presence of a private
3. Floor plan of the premises where the locations and types of bait stations and insect traps are
4. A form noting the consumption rates of insecticide formulations and insect activity analysis.
5. The formulations used and their dosage, as well as safety data sheets (MSDS).
6. Certificate of disinfestation and mycontrol.
7. Risk study
The annual fumigation – mycide maintenance program is addressed to the following categories of companies :
● Food Processing & Packaging Companies
● Recreational businesses – Entertainment centres
● Retail & Wholesale Food Distribution Companies
● Wholesale Food & Beverage Warehouses
● Cinemas – Theatres – Event Venues
If your company operates a chain of health food outlets, we have the ability to customize our schedule based on your hours of operation so that applications can be made at times when the public is not able to access them.